I’m going to post this instead of doing another hype train. It’s hype-ish and I just don’t have the energy to comb through everything for new info. As for the haul, I was way more selective this time around. Focusing on filling out my collection, especially with an eye out for books I’m going to want to read with my son in a few years. Ironically enough, said son got a fever the night after getting these.
From top to bottom:
- Killing of Worlds by Scott Westerfeld
- Grip of the Shadow Plague by Brandon Mull (Fablehaven #3)
- The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan (Ranger’s Apprentice #1)
- The Icebound Land by John Flanagan (Ranger’s Apprentice #3)
- A World Without Heroes by Brandon Mull (Beyonders #1)
- Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo by Obert Skye (Leven Thumps #1)
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games #2)
- The Sword and Sorcery Anthology by Various
Killing of Worlds just sounded interesting, pretty much a pure impulse buy, and the author is on my radar. Grip of the Shadow Plague gets us to the first 3 of 5 in the series. Just starting to collect Ranger’s Apprentice. Beyonders is a pretty good series that I’ll get around to reviewing so I might as well start collecting them. I’ve heard some good things about Leven Thumps (from our parents no less). Catching Fire completes the trilogy, I’ll need to re-read them for the blog soon. Lastly, an anthology. I figured I needed to start reading short stories both for the experience and to find new authors. With George R.R. Martin in this one I was convinced to give it a try.
As for eBooks, I purchased The Vagrant by Peter Newman. He’s a newer author so his books aren’t in the used book stores or library systems yet and he’s got new books coming out soon. (Review coming this Friday.) Also my pre-order for Snapshot by Brandon Sanderson came in. (Click here for the review.) Because “Sanderson” and it would be half a year or longer to get it from the library.