This month was shaping up to be a small, slow month for book acquisition……Hahahahaha!
As you can expect, I’m reaching the point of having quite a few books that I haven’t read so I’m going to really start pushing to read books off my shelf. There are still a few series I want to finish that I’ll need to use the library for and there are a couple of books coming out that might get priority but if possible I want to read some of these other books. My shelves are almost reaching the full stage and then it won’t be long until it becomes ridiculous.
May 11th Haul
- Throne of Jade by Naomi Novik (Temeraire #2)
- A Feast For Crows by George R.R. Martin (A Song of Ice and Fire #4)
- A Dance With Dragons by George R.R. Martin (A Song of Ice and Fire #5)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter #5)
- The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson (Wax & Wayne #1)
A much smaller and more focused haul. Throne of Jade I picked up because it was there and I figured why not at only $1. As for the George R.R. Martin books, I only have the first. Order of the Phoenix is to replace the dog chewed copy that’s been around for years. (Don’t lend books to anyone, including family, if they get/have a puppy. But you already know that……..*mumble mumble* Sisters! *mumble mumble*) Lastly, Alloy of Law expands our Mistborn collection into the Second Era.
May 24th Haul
- The Will of the Wanderer by Weis & Hickman (Rose of the Prophet #1)
- A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin (A Song of Ice and Fire #2)
- A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin (A Song of Ice and Fire #3)
- Dogsong by Gary Paulsen
- Woodsong by Gary Paulsen
- The Mayflower Project by K.A. Applegate (Remnants #1)
- Destination Unknown by K.A. Applegate (Remnants #2)
- Animorphs by K.A. Applegate (Animorphs #5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 31, 36)
Ya, my problem resurfaced with renewed vigor. I finally have Rose of the Prophet #1 to go with #2 I already have. Plus the series is one of the few Weis or Hickman books I haven’t read yet. A Clash of Kings and A Storm of Swords completes my GoT collection. I got more Gary Paulsen books because I’m determined not to have Tracker be the last thing of his I read. The two Remnants books intrigue me because I’ve only read Animorphs from K.A. Applegate and figure I should branch out a bit. I then turn around and buy a stack of Animorphs.
- Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson (Malazan Book of the Fallen #1)
- Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson (Malazan Book of the Fallen #2)
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (Uglies #1)
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu (The Young Elites #1)
- Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau (The Testing #3)
- The Iron Trial by Holly Black & Cassandra Clare (Magisterium #1)
- A Tale of Light and Shadow by Jacob Gowans (Light and Shadow #1)
- Firefight by Brandon Sanderson (Reckoners #2)
- Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson (Reckoners #1)
I’ve been wanting to read Gardens of the Moon for years now, so I couldn’t pass it up and the second was there too and he would have been lonely. Jurassic Park is one of those classics that everyone has seen the movie but not read the book and they are very different, so I want to read the book. After Zeroes I’ve been wanting to try more from Scott Westerfeld and Uglies seemed like a good opportunity. Marie Lu has been on my watch list for quite some time. The Testing Trilogy was AMAZING so I’m glad I get to try and add them to my collection. The Iron Trial is here because Lisa really enjoyed it and wanted it, but I’ll probably give it a shot some time too. A Tale of Light and Shadow is an ARC plus it sounded interesting. Lastly, the first two books in the Reckoners series, because they were awesome.
This month I won The Space Between The Stars by Anne Corlett which is set for release on Jun.13.2017. It is an Advance Reading Copy but since I didn’t request it, nor were we solicited for a review I consider it something I won. However, I do intent to read and review it, which said review should be published Jun.9.2017 if all goes well.