In my recent scouring of the Internets for new books from my author-watch list, 2018 is beginning to come together. This isn’t surprising since we are already well into the Fall publishing window that we’d start hearing about Spring 2018.
- Nov.7.2017 – The Wrong Stars by Tim Pratt (Axiom #1) (source)
- Jan.2.2018 – Emergence by C. J. Cherryh (Foreigner #19) (source)
- Jan.23.2018 – Elysium Fire by Alistair Reynolds (Revelation Space, Prefect Dreyfrus Emergency #2) (source)
- Apr.17.2018 – The Long Sunset by Jack McDevitt (The Academy (Priscilla Hunchins) #8) (source)
- May.15.2018 – The Skaar Invasion by Terry Brooks (Fall of Shannara #2) (source)
- May.15.2018 – Ascendant by Jack Campbell (Genesis Fleet #2) (source)
I’m personally most excited for Ascendant by Jack Campbell because the first book in that series, Vanguard, was good. Emergence by C. J. Cherryh is also has my interest but also not much interest. The contradiction is mostly because at the rate I’m going it will be more than 3 years before I get to it since I’m only 2 out of the 18 books out and this will be #19.
Back to the grind stone.